Wednesday 16 May 2007

My country


 My name is Jinhyun. Let me introduce my country. I was born in Korea.
 
Korea is a very beautiful country. There are many mountains and rivers
 
in Korea. 70% of Korean territory is covered with mountains. We enjoy a
 
full variety of different weather in spring, summer, fall, and winter. The
 
Republic of Korea was officially established on August 15, 1948. The
 
population of Korean is about 50 million. The Koreans are one ethnic
 
family speaking one language. The monetary unit of Korea is the Won.
 
Korea's symbolic flower is the rose of Sharon. Koreans observe New
 
Year's Day on both the solar and lunar calendars. So, Koreans actually
 
celebrate the New Year twice. Koreans feast on rice cake soup on the
 
lunar New Tear's Day. If you have never eaten rice cake soup, I'll get
 
some for you.

No comments: